- The new girl in class is being bullied. Do you:
- Stand up to the bully and make her stop
- Go tell the teacher
- Take your cue from the other girls
- Which job would you most like to do?
- You just slipped on a banana peel in front of the whole class. Do you:
- Stand up confidently and pick up your things
- Stand up and walk away fast
- Blush with embarrassment
- Oh no, you forgot to do your homework! Do you:
- Go up and tell the teacher that you forgot to do it
- Do it quickly in class, and resolve to never forget again
- Not say anything, but if the teacher asks you you’ll admit it
- Your class is putting on a play. Do you want to be:
- The star of the show
- One of the minor actors
- In charge of scenery or costumes
- Do you think you are most like:
Mostly a’s: You are like Esther. You stand up for what’s right, even if it means risk for you.
Mostly b’s: You are like Mordechai. You know what’s right and you know who should best do it.
Mostly c’s: You are like Hatach. You do your job while remaining in the background. You do not need the spotlight.
* NOTE: According to certain opinions, Hatach was actually the famous Daniel from the earlier Babylonian Exile. Daniel was a committed Jew and also a close advisor to the king during that time. His colleagues however became jealous, and had Daniel framed for treason when he prayed to G-d and not the king as was the rule. He was then thrown into the lions’ den, but miraculously saved by G-d, returning unscathed and to his position. Later on, he also served as a loyal messenger between Queen Esther and Mordechai during her time in the palace coinciding with the Purim story. We remember Daniel/Hatach forever for his courage, faith, and kiddush Hashem (sanctification of Hashem’s name).