How are you all? Ok, ok, you knew this one was coming too…
I mean, how can we talk about health without talking about water? Before I begin, let me tell you, that if I write all the benefits of water on this page, you probably wouldn’t want another post from me for a very long time. So don’t worry, I’ll only write a… well a drop of them. (Get it? 😉
You might be wondering why I’m writing a post about water in the winter; and not in the hot summer. Well actually, it’s just as important to drink in the winter, even if it might not seem like it. In the summer we just get thirsty, so it seems like we need more water. But in the winter, we don’t get as thirsty, but we have to remember to drink anyway!
Water is an enormous gift from Hashem. There is water in everything, literally! (except for oil and salt). There is even water in the walls! (If you don’t believe that one you can go and ask your mother. Don’t worry, I find it hard to believe as well.)
Let’s play a quick game- how many sources of water can you think of? I’m sure many popped into your head, maybe things like- seas, streams, lakes, puddles, rain, snow, hail, waterfalls, from the faucet and in your body. (Which contains, believe it or not, 70% water!) Of course, there are many more.
Without water, no living creature can live!
Here are some of the benefits of water:
– It keeps your skin clear
– It keeps you healthy
– It helps your kidneys to work and stops them from overloading
– It may improve memory and mood
– It can help reduce sugar cravings and aid weight maintenance
– It may improve exercise performance
– It may reduce headaches and migraines
How much water should you be drinking a day? Every day you should be drinking 4-8 cups of WATER (not juice). It varies with age. Another option is to divide your weight in half and drink that many ounces of water.
If the faucet water is clear and drinking safe in your area, then that’s the cheapest and easiest way to drink. If not, you can buy bottled water. Mineral water is very good as well. Some people like drinking sparkling water, which is fine as well. (As long as there are no additives!) Don’t ask me to drink sparkling water though, it’s definitely not my favorite.
Now if you are getting REALLY bored of water and NEED something else, then here are some suggestions:
– Tea. Regular tea as well, but I’m mainly talking about herbal tea here. (There are tons of delicious flavors to choose from!) You don’t have to be sick to drink it, and tea has amazing health benefits of its own. You can sweeten with honey.
– Add a squeeze of fresh orange juice to sparkling water. Really enhances the flavor!
– 100% (yep, back to the 100%’s) apple/pineapple/orange concentrate- that means WITHOUT sugar, is healthier than regular juice, since you need to add a lot of water. And it still tastes as good (or even better) than juice. You can make popsicles with it as well. You approximately add 1 part concentrate to 8 parts water.
– Juices and smoothies- go check ‘em out on my blog from 10/21/2020.
Water water everywhere… but lots and lots to drink!!
Go right now and get yourselves a refreshing, delicious cup of water. I’m waiting! (: