Dr J has spent his entire career devoted to empowering and supporting women of all ages. He spoke to our teens at the recent Jewish Girls Summer Retreat. Here are the wonderful tips that he shared with the girls:
Helpful Hints from Dr J about YOU!
- Each of you has the opportunity to do good things, to engage in Tikkun Olam (repair the world), to make your family proud!
- Make sure you believe in yourself- Don’t get dragged down or caught up in the opinions of others.
- Nourish your self-esteem.
- Have a passion and stick to it.
- Have a friend or relative who can motivate you.
- Choose a mentor to help you achieve your goals.
- Smile and be confident.
- You will have disappointments in life-everyone does.
- Have faith that H-shem will guide you and know that He helps those who help themselves.
- Try not to worry so much about what others think about you, because nobody is perfect.
- Have a healthy mindset- remember you are always beautiful in your own special and unique way.