Pesach almond cookies
To make the Almond butter:
- 2 cups roasted almonds
- 1-2 tbsp. canola oil [NOTE: on Pesach use safflower oil]
- salt1-2 tbsp.
- honey (optional)
-Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C).Spread the almonds out on a baking sheet. Sprinkle it with salt. Bake for 5-6 minutes (when they smell toasty, they are ready.) NOTE: If using raw almonds, bake for 10-15 minutes.
-Pour the almonds into the bowl of a food processor and run for 5-10 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides every few minutes. Amount of time will vary, depending on the strength of your food processor.) When the almonds have formed a paste, add the honey (optional) and oil to smooth it out. Salt to taste.
-Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
For the cookies:
- 1 cup natural almond butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt (if your almond butter is not salted, you may want to add more)
- Pour the almond butter and sugar into a bowl and mix. Add the egg and the salt, and mix.
- Use a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop out even-sized balls of dough. Roll them gently and place on inch apart on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Gently press down with a fork to flatten the dough.
- Bake at 350° F (180° C) for 10-12 minutes.
Note: The cookies will be very soft as they come out of the oven. Once they are cool they will come together properly.
Yield: 15 cookies
(Taken from Chabad.org)
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.