Here are some really hard riddles! Be careful, they are very tricky!
1) A shop sells apples at $1 each. Each of these apples are wrapped in a special wrapper. You can trade 3 of these wrappers for 1 apple.
If you have $15, how many apples can you get altogether?
2) A man is trapped in a room. The room has only two possible exits: two doors. Through the first door there is a room constructed from magnifying glass. The blazing hot sun instantly fries anything or anyone that enters.
Through the second door there is a fire-breathing dragon. How does the man escape?
3) Sara is walking through a forest and she forgets what day it is. She sees a village and a sign. On the sign it says that all the men lie on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and all the women lie on Thursday, Friday, and Shabbos. She goes to man and asked him what day it was. He said “yesterday was one of my lying days.” Then she went over to a woman, and the woman said the same thing. What day was it?
4) There is a common English word that is nine letters long. Each time you remove a letter from it, it still remains an English word – from nine letters right down to a single letter.
What is the original word, and what are the words that it becomes after removing one letter at a time?
1) 22 apples.
Firstly, you can get 15 apples.
Trade the wrappers to get 5 more apples.
Trade again and you’ll have 1 more apple and 2 leftover wrappers.
Trade the remaining wrappers to get 1 more apple.
15 + 5 + 1 + 1 = 22
You will get 22 apples altogether.
2) He waits until night time and then goes through the first door.
3) It was Thursday
4) The base word is Startling – starting – staring – string – sting – sing – sin – in – I
Have fun and enjoy!
PS. Coming up next… Laffy Taffy jokes!!!!!!!
PPS. Which riddles did you get right?