Until now I was sharing all the desserts recipes, this time I’m going to be a little more healthy. Don’t worry, this recipe is just as awesome so you can continue reading! I make this salad when my family is intertaining guests because I find it too fancy to have for dinner. It’s from Kosher by Design: Kids in the Kitchen (I really recommend this cookbook)! I usually make this as a side dish.
So you will need a cutting board ,sharp knife, medium mixing bowl, can opener, vege peeler, measuring cups and spoons, and a small container.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1(15 ounce) can of baby corn
- 1 cup of snow peas or sugar snap peas
- 1 carrot
- 10 green beans
- 1/2 a red onion
- 1/4 a cup of sugar
- 1/3 a cup of apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 a tspn of salt
- 1/8 tspn of black ppr
- 1/8 a cup of olive oil
- 1/4 a tspn of garlic powder
- On the cutting board, cut bell peppers into half and take out the seed and stems. Cut them into thin strips and place them into the bowl.
- Open the can of baby corn, drain it and place into the bowl.
- Wash and dry snow peas/ sugar snap peas and add the to the bowl.
- Using vege peeler, peel carrot and slice them into skinny discs. Add them to the bowl.
- Remove paper skin from the onion and slice it into thin strips. Add it to the bowl.
- Place sugar, vinegar, salt,black pepper, olive oil, and garlic powder into the container.Shake the container well and add it to the salad.
- Let the salad sit for 2 hours before serving (optional).
Its also interesting to add a pinch of italian dressing!
I really encourage everyone to try it because you won’t regret it!
Enjoy this recipe and have an amazingly awesome week!