I know that during Pesach many people miss baking; I for sure do! So one day during Chol Hamoed I took over our small Pesach kitchen and whipped up some ice cream. (I plan on serving it for the guests on the last days of Pesach)! This is a recipe from Spice and Spirit:Kosher for Pesach cookbook. Although there are many other flavors, I am only going to write the orange and lemon ice cream recipe.
- 6 eggs seperated
- 7/8 a cup of liquid sugar
- 1/4 a cup of orange juice
- 2 tbsps of lemon juice
- Beat egg white and add sugar slowly. Beat until stiff.
- In seperate bowl beat egg yolks, orange juice and lemon juice.
- Add yolk mixture to white mixture and fold gently.
- Place in shallow pan and freeze for a hour and a half.
- After an hour and a half mix and return to freezer.
- Serve cold and enjoy!
I like to serve it with fresh fruits ( melon and pineapples in particular)!
Here is a picture!
Have a happy Pesach!