- 4 ounces unsweetened or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 and 1/4 cups (250g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (94g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Cookie Dough Frosting
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened to room temp
- 3/4 cup (150g) light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cups (157g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 1 cup (180g) mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Line 12 muffin tins with baking cups or spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Melt the chopped chocolate and sliced butter together in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each until completely smooth and combined. Allow to cool for a few minutes. Stir in sugar, then vanilla. Add in eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in the flour and salt.
- Pour batter into 12 muffin tins and bake for 20-23 minutes. Mine took 22 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center will have moist crumbs. Be careful not to overbake the cupcakes.
- For the frosting: While the cupcakes are cooling in the pan, make the frosting. With an electric or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar at medium speed. Add the vanilla and beat well. Stir in the flour and salt until doughy. Stir in the milk and beat until fluffy. Gently fold in chocolate chips. Frost cooled cupcakes.
Credits to http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2012/05/29/fudge-brownie-cupcakes-with-cookie-dough-frosting/. Entire recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.