Dairy and Gluten Free Brownies by Aytana Anthony
Dairy and Gluten free Brownies by Aytana Anthony
- 1 15 oz. can (~ 1 3/4 cups) black beans, well rinsed and drained
- 2 large eggs or flax egg recipe(flax meal and water blended to thicken)
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder (the higher quality the better)
- 1/4 tsp. finely ground sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 heaping 1/2 cup raw cane or coconut sugar (or same amount of dates finely chopped in blender or food food processor)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of water or almond milk to moisten slightly if needed
- 1/2 cup flour (coconut, almond, rice, or other) if a cake-like consistency is desired. Omit if a fudge-like consistency is desired.
- Optional toppings: crush walnuts, pecans or semisweet chocolate chips, powdered sugar
1) Pulse dates in a blender until smooth. Amount of dates will depend on taste.
2) Combine all wet ingredients in a bowl. Then, add dry ingredients.
3) Bake at 350* 12-15 minutes in a baking dish. Watch carefully because the brownies will cook quickly.
4) When done, garnish with your choice of topping(s).
Thank you for sharing this scrumptious-looking recipe Aytana!
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!