Today we are going to make chocolate croissants! Being that I LOVE chocolate and I crave it mostly in the morning, this became one of my favorite breakfast recipes! It’s from Kosher by Design Kids in the Kitchen by Susie Fishbein. I usually make it on sunday morning because I don’t have time to make it on school mornings.
When you make your recipe make sure to have a towel, foiled covered pan, knife, pastry brush, small bowl and regular measuring spoons and cups.
- 1/2 a box of puff pastry dough
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp of heavy cream or soymilk
- chocolate chips
- remove the puff pastry from the freezer and let it defrost for 25 minutes.
- preheat the oven to 400 degrees farenheit .
- in a small bowl mix egg yolk and heavy cream/ soymilk .
- cut the defrosted puff pastry onto 9 equal squares and brush the top with the egg yolk mixture.
- place any amount of chocolate inside (as long as it can be enclosed in the dough) and pinch the sides of the dough together.
- brush the top with the remaining of the egg mixture and sprinkle some sugar in top.
- place it in the oven for 15 minutes untilthe croissantsare puffed and golden brown.
- let in cool, say a blessing (Mezonot) and ENJOY!
They are best served warm and with a glass of milk. This recipe really makes my morning and I’m sure it will make yours too! So give it a try and have fun!