Shavuot is coming! Can you guess which food is really popular during this holiday? You guessed correctly! We will be making chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake! This recipe is written in the Kosher by Design: Kids in the Kitchen cookbook ( I guess kids are known to really like the kitchen).
Before you start to bake up a storm you should have all the equipment ready to use. You will need a large ziplock bag, medium mixing bowl, microwave safe bowl, microwave, silicone spatula, 9 ” springform pan,measuring cups and spoons, electric mixer and bowl, a knife and an offset spatula.
- 2(8 ounce) blocks of cream cheese(not whipped).
- 1 ( 1 pound)bag of store bought chocolate chip cookies, divided.
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 a cup of cookie dough
- garnish: 3 talbespoons of sour cream and extra cookie from the package.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- Let the package of cream cheese soften to room temp.
- In the meantime place 29 of the chocolate chips into the the ziplock bag and make sure to save 1 for later. Crush cookies and put them into the medium bowl.
- Place the butter into the mircowave safe bowl and put it in the microwave for 45 seconds until it melts. Place the melted butter with the cookie crumbs and mix them together with the spatula until all the crumbs are coated completely.
- Make sure your spring form pan is locked and pat butter/cookie mixture to the bottom of pan.
- Stand 12-13 cookies around the edges of the pan , flat side up, and press them firmly into the crumbs so they dont fall over.
- Place the cream cheese and sugar into the bowl of the electric mixture and baet them until they are creamy. Add in the sour cream, eggs, vanilla and beat them all until they are smooth. Pour this mixture into prepared crust.
- Roll the cookie dough into little balls and drop them into the cream cheese batter. ( you can either get this in the refrigerated area of you super market or you can make a batch of chocolate chip cookie dough without the chocolate chips and use a half a cup of that).
- Place this in to the ovn for 50 minutes, without opening the door, turn off the oven and let it stay in there for another hour.
- Afterwards take out the cake and let it cool for another hour. then spred the 3 tablespoons of sour cream ontop and crush up the last cookie ontop as well ( this part is optional).
- Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator over night and when you are ready to serve it loosen up the sides with an offset spatula. open the springs and remove the sides of the springform pan.
This recipe is kinda harder then anything I have posted, but it is really worth the try! Who knows which person you will make happy with you baking! Have fun making it and enjoy eating it! Have a chag sameach ( happy holiday)!