Butternut Squash Kugel
by Esti Bernstein
- 1 butternut squash
- 1/4 cup canola oil or applesauce 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup soymilk
- 4 egg-whites or 2 eggs cinnamon for topping
1. Halve the squash carefully with a sharp knife.
2. Scoop out the seeds and goop with a spoon.
3. Pour one cup of water into a large foil pan.
4. Lay the squash down (both halves) with the cut side down. Cover the pan with foil and put it in the oven for 40 minutes at 350. Then carefully remove from oven and let cool.
5. When cooled turn them over and scoop out the pulp with a spoon or melon-baller. Put the pulp into your electric mixer along with the other ingredients. Mix.
6. When it looks similar to orange cake batter, pour into two round greased nine inch cake pans. Sprinkle cinna- mon on the top. Then take a knife, and swirl it around a few times.
7. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.