Girls will have the opportunity to develop their talents with professional instructors and devoted counselors, socialize with Jewish friends from around the world, and explore relevant Jewish themes in a variety of creative online workshops.
Artist Chana Laber will guide girls to express their soul through new techniques in art. Basic art supplies are recommended, such as acrylic and watercolor paints, paintbrushes, canvas, watercolor paper, a pen and pencil, markers or colored pencils. Registrants will be notified of any special items required for a certain art project.
This year, the Creative Online Club theme will explore lessons for our lives from the wonders of the world and the Jewish year through themed activities, games, songs, drama, discussions, art and creativity, culinary arts, and more.
Girls are divided into two age divisions – Yaldah (grades 2-4) and Bat Mitzvah & Beyond (grades 5-8), and the tentative weekly schedule is as follows:
11:00 AM ET: Welcome
11:10 AM ET: Theme Activity with Nechama and Tzipporah / Art with Chana
12:30 PM ET: Culinary Arts/Creative Writing for Mashehu Magazine/Shining Stars Presentations/Book Club
(Click HERE and scroll to the bottom of the promotion for our complete reading list for the year.)
We invite each girl to get inspired, make wonderful friends, build her confidence, unleash her creativity, celebrate her Judaism, and shine her inner light!
This week in Creative Online Club, December 5/Tevet 1, as we begin our “Breaking the Ice” unit, girls will…
- Discuss what it means to be a “warm” Jew
- Experiment with density, floating vs. sinking objects, and the unique molecular structure of ice
- Hone their artistic skills with Chana Laber
- Enjoy our third book club, featuring The Exiles of Crocodile Island by Henye Meyer
For maximum participation, we recommend that participants bring:
- Basic art supplies
- a deep bowl and water (cool or room temperature)
- assorted small objects (e.g. rocks, marbles, acorns, seashells, safety pins, raisins, peanuts, buttons, etc.)
- a copy of The Exiles of Crocodile Island by Henye Meyer
We look forward to welcoming you!