Girls will have the opportunity to develop their talents with professional instructors and devoted counselors, socialize with Jewish friends from around the world, and explore relevant Jewish themes in a variety of creative online workshops.
Artist Chana Laber will guide girls to express their soul through new techniques in art. Basic art supplies are recommended, such as acrylic and watercolor paints, paintbrushes, canvas, watercolor paper, a pen and pencil, markers or colored pencils. Registrants will be notified of any special items required for a certain art project.
This year, the Creative Online Club theme will explore lessons for our lives from the wonders of the world and the Jewish year through themed activities, games, songs, drama, discussions, art and creativity, culinary arts, and more.
Girls are divided into two age divisions – Yaldah (grades 2-4) and Bat Mitzvah & Beyond (grades 5-8), and the tentative weekly schedule is as follows:
11:00 AM ET: Welcome
11:10 AM ET: Theme Activity with Nechama and Art with Chana
12:30 PM ET: Culinary Arts/Creative Writing for Mashehu Magazine/Shining Stars Presentations/Book Club
(Click HERE and scroll to the bottom of the promotion for our complete reading list for the year.)
We invite each girl to get inspired, make wonderful friends, build her confidence, unleash her creativity, celebrate her Judaism, and shine her inner light!
This week in Creative Online Club, December 19/Tevet 15, as we continue our “Breaking the Ice” unit, girls will…
- Share tips for overcoming unhelpful doubt
- Experiment in the kitchen, understand what really happens when water boils, cook some pasta, and compare the process to Amalek’s sneak-attack on the Jewish people just freed from Egypt
- Gain new art skills with Chana Laber
- Whip up some sweet and healthy fruit popsicles
For maximum participation, we recommend that participants bring:
- Basic art supplies
- Parental permission or supervision
- Small pot, water, burner or stove, pasta, heat-safe spoon
- A blender and ingredients of your favorite smoothie/popsicle (see ideas HERE)
We look forward to welcoming you!