Girls will have the opportunity to develop their talents with professional instructors and devoted counselors, socialize with Jewish friends from around the world, and explore relevant Jewish themes in a variety of creative online workshops.
Artist Chana Laber will guide girls to express their soul through new techniques in art. Basic art supplies are recommended, such as acrylic and watercolor paints, paintbrushes, canvas, watercolor paper, a pen and pencil, markers or colored pencils. Registrants will be notified of any special items required for a certain art project.
This year, the Creative Online Club theme will explore lessons for our lives from the wonders of the world and the Jewish year through themed activities, games, songs, drama, discussions, art and creativity, culinary arts, and more.
Girls are divided into two age divisions – Yaldah (grades 2-4) and Bat Mitzvah & Beyond (grades 5-8), and the tentative weekly schedule is as follows:
11:00 AM ET: Welcome
11:10 AM ET: Theme Activity with Nechama and Tzipporah / Art with Chana
12:30 PM ET: Culinary Arts/Creative Writing for Mashehu Magazine/Shining Stars Presentations/Book Club
(Click HERE and scroll to the bottom of the promotion for our complete reading list for the year.)
We invite each girl to get inspired, make wonderful friends, build her confidence, unleash her creativity, celebrate her Judaism, and shine her inner light!
This week in Creative Online Club, November 14/Kislev 10, as we continue our “Rise to the Top” unit, girls will…
- Compare and contrast culture versus holiness to find out what really unites Jews around the world
- Enjoy creative writing, art, and a game of dreidel with a twist
- Fry up some delicious, fresh, Chanukah donuts
For maximum participation, we recommend that participants bring the following supplies:
- Basic art supplies
- A dreidel
- For the donuts: 3/4 cup lukewarm water, 4 tbs. sugar, 2 large egg yolks, pinch of salt, 2 1/2 cups flour, 1 tbs. yeast, 1 1/2 tbsp. margarine (room temperature), oil for deep frying (e.g. canola), fillings and toppings of choice (e.g. fruit preserves, nut butter, chocolate frosting, sprinkles, powdered sugar, etc.)
- Mixing bowls and spoons, measuring cups and spoons, rolling pin, fryer or deep pan, tongs or slotted spoon, metal cooling rack or cookie sheet lined with paper towels, round glass or cookie cutter, injector or cake-decorating bag
We look forward to welcoming you!