Girls will have the opportunity to develop their talents with professional instructors and devoted counselors, socialize with Jewish friends from around the world, and explore relevant Jewish themes in a variety of creative online workshops.
Artist Chana Laber will guide girls to express their soul through new techniques in art. Basic art supplies are recommended, such as acrylic and watercolor paints, paintbrushes, canvas, watercolor paper, a pen and pencil, markers or colored pencils. Registrants will be notified of any special items required for a certain art project.
This year, the Creative Online Club theme will explore lessons for our lives from the wonders of the world and the Jewish year through themed activities, games, songs, drama, discussions, art and creativity, culinary arts, and more.
Girls are divided into two age divisions – Yaldah (grades 2-4) and Bat Mitzvah & Beyond (grades 5-8), and the tentative weekly schedule is as follows:
- 11:00 AM ET: Welcome
- 11:10 AM ET: Theme Activity with Nechama and Art with Chana
- 12:30 PM ET: Culinary Arts/Creative Writing for Mashehu Magazine/Shining Stars Presentations/Book Club
(Click HERE and scroll to the bottom of the promotion for our complete reading list for the year.)
We invite each girl to get inspired, make wonderful friends, build her confidence, unleash her creativity, celebrate her Judaism, and shine her inner light!
This week in Creative Online Club, October 24/Cheshvan 18, as we continue our “Be a Star” unit, girls will…
- Discover stars in the Torah
- Identify what qualities make them shine
- Discuss the power of their Hebrew names
- Create art and a refreshing, starry salad
For maximum participation, we recommend that participants bring the following supplies:
- Basic art supplies,
- For theme activity: Colored paper or foam, pencil, scissors, permanent marker, hole-puncher, string or ribbon (optional)
- For culinary arts: 1 medium watermelon (or prickly pear, honeydew melon, or pineapple are suitable for substitutes), lemon juice, garlic (cloves or powder), red onion (or onion powder), mint, parsley, red wine (or apple cider) vinegar, salt and pepper, olive oil, feta cheese (optional), knife or star-shaped cookie-cutter
We look forward to welcoming you!